Chicago's best late-night places for post-show hunger

Photo Courtesy Eden Bunna / Slice of Dimo's pepperoni pizza

Hello. Welcome back, readers.

We can all find ourselves so unusually hungry after shows—especially those that go on past like 10 p.m. And we all know that most places don't stay open super late, even in the city (of course, with the exception of like 24-hour Dunkin's). So, um, where do I choose to stuff my face after my favorite show at Subterranean or other Chicago venues? Easy. Here are a few of my favorite spots for late-night eats; maybe you will find yourself stumbling into one of these restaurants drunk on gin and tonics or just exhausted from moshing at that local hardcore show all night.

Dimo's

Hellooooooooooooooo. This is absolutely 100 percent my favorite place to eat in the city, though most of my friends disrespect Dimo's by claiming that it actually isn't that good. I disagree. Dimo's is great because it has pizza by the slice, with many options/all the basics, as well as vegan pizza. That's definitely a bonus for this pizza place, as well—so many people are becoming vegan these days. They also have drinks. Beer. And always have art from local artists hanging up on their walls (which you can actually purchase to support those artists, which I think is incredible! I actually purchased one that kept catching my eye over last spring semester. See my Instagram photo of it below!!). All in all, I stan Dimo's, and you should, too. Plus, they follow me on Twitter and like a lot of my tweets. They're open everyday, 11 a.m. to late, to quote them. 1615 N. Damen Ave.




A post shared by Ed (@edebunnna) on

Cheesie's

Most people have heard about this place because it's basically the only legitimate place to get your fill of grilled cheese (that isn't a fact, just what I believe). Cheesie's has like 12 different types of grilled cheese. Mmmmmmmmm. It also has some other stuff on the menu, such as chicken tenders and tater tots. Who doesn't love tots with their grilled cheese? Basically, if you're a Cheese Fan, you should probably go here. Also, carbs always sound amazing after shows, so like, why not. It does also have a kids menu, however that might help you. Cheesie's is open Sun - Thurs 11 a.m. until 3 a.m. and Fri - Sat 11 a.m. until 5 a.m. 958 W. Belmont Ave.

Zombie Taco

Uhhhhhhhh for all you taco lovers, this place is open 24 hours. Whooooooooooo. Another super cool thing about Zombie Taco is it has a window like at a drive thru, so even if the inside is closed, you can still order through the 24/7 taco window. It's the perfect late-night meal for the concert goer. 24 hours. 530 N. LaSalle Drive.

Take these beautiful food options and use them to your advantage post seeing your favorite local band; experience some great food at some super great places Chicago has to offer. And maybe you know of some other tasty, late-night restaurants? Leave a comment—I'd love to check it out sometime.

Annnnnnd here is a photo I took a couple weeks ago when I was still feeling salty about how my friends don't like Dimo's as much as I do.

Photo Courtesy Eden Bunna / Dimo's bathroom


Comments